- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
2016: Our Year in Review
THANK YOU: Together, we are changing the world for animals.
As highlighted in our year-in-review video, Animal Outlook has achieved groundbreaking progress and victories for farmed animals in 2016, thanks to your generosity and support.
- Our brave investigator uncovered for the time ever the horrors hidden inside chicken breeding factory farms.
- We successfully persuaded three top poultry companies to end the barbaric practice of using nose “bones.”
- We helped make history in Massachusetts with the passage of Question 3 to protect farm animals from cruel confinement.
- Big Dairy settled a price-fixing lawsuit sparked by Animal Outlook research – consumers can now file claims for part of a $52M settlement.
- In the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Animal Outlook argued that the FDA should mandate truth in egg labeling, including full disclosure of “eggs from caged hens.”
- Animal Outlook is also urging the USDA to protect consumers from misleading claims (ie. “humane” or “animal-friendly”) on other food products.
- And just last week, we filed a legal complaint against Quality Pork Processors in Minnesota, calling for an investigation into animal cruelty documented by our investigator. This pig slaughterhouse exclusively supplies Hormel.
- Animal Outlook’s free, all-vegan DC VegFest was bigger than ever this year with 20,000+ smiles.
We know still have a long way to go. We know there are changes and challenges to come in the new year. But with you standing strong at our side, Animal Outlook is more determined than ever in our mission to build a kinder world for all.
Together, we are united for animals.