Join our efforts to help make the world a kinder place by applying for an Animal Outlook internship. It’s a fun and informative way to get hands-on experience as an effective animal advocate while also gaining a deeper understanding of farmed animal issues and the tools available to spread a message of compassion.
*Please note: We are only able to accept candidates in the U.S. at this time.
We are currently accepting applications for remote interns.
Are you a current student who is passionate about advocating for animals by working on projects aimed to empower the masses to choose vegan? Are you adaptable and organized, with strong writing and research skills? Are you a keen social media enthusiast and happy talking to the public about veganism? If so, our Outreach Internship may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Animal Outlook seeks an Outreach Intern to assist with outreach projects including VegWeek, which takes place every year in April. You’ll work closely with the Director of Outreach and Engagement to work on exciting initiatives aimed to empower everyone to stand up for animals by choosing vegan.
Animal Outlook is a national non-profit organization based in Washington DC. Our Outreach Department has successfully influenced companies such as Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts to help animals by increasing their vegan options and empowers thousands of people to pledge to try vegan every year.
Animal Outlook’s groundbreaking work has been featured in high-profile media platforms across the U.S. including ABC News, CNN and The New York Times.
Animal Outlook’s mission is focused on: ‘Exposing truth. Inspiring change.’ It strategically challenges animal agribusiness through undercover investigations, legal advocacy, corporate and food system reform, and educating the public about the many harms of animal agriculture, empowering everyone to choose vegan.
- This is a three month internship, taking place from February - April 2024
- You must be a current student to apply
- Hours per week TBD, depending on requirements (at least 10 hours per week is requested)
- The position is remote and unpaid (preferably based in or near Los Angeles, but not essential)
- You must be based in the U.S to apply
- To assist the Director of Outreach and Engagement with tasks as required, related to the upcoming VegWeek 2024 which takes place in April
- Contacting companies, influencers and other stakeholders to gain secure widespread support for VegWeek, gaining as many VegPledges as possible
- Using proven social science principles (training will be provided) to create social media content (primarily TikTok), having compassionate conversations with members of the public about veganism
- Possibly helping at in-person events (if based in the Los Angeles area)
- Passionate about advocating for animals by empowering everyone to choose vegan
- Strong social media experience (including video creation for TikTok)
Comfortable with talking to members of the public about veganism
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively
- Open and honest communication
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, including answers to the following questions:
- Why are you applying for the role of Outreach Intern?
- How do you meet the given requirements?
- What do you aim to achieve from this internship? (Please include any specific educational goals and any requirements your college/university has)
- How many hours per week are you able to dedicate to this internship?
- Why are you passionate about helping animals by empowering others to choose vegan?
- Please include any examples of your work i.e. blog posts, social media content.
Are you energetic, detail-oriented and adaptable? Are you committed to the animal rights movement and veganism? Are you interested in strategic, effective communications? Are you a current student? If so, we’ve got the internship for you.
Animal Outlook, a national nonprofit animal advocacy organization, seeks a communications intern to assist with social media, blog posts and email newsletters as well as creating associated collateral for each. You’ll work closely with the Director of Communications to create effective, engaging content.
Working to end animal abuse since 1995, Animal Outlook focuses on ending and preventing cruelty to farmed animals.
This position is remote and unpaid.
- Maintain a consistent voice across all Animal Outlook content in line with Animal Outlooks’ brand and style guide.
- Brainstorm and execute ideas for engaging blog posts, social media posts and other content.
- Create original Animal Outlook blog content covering general vegan or animal rights news, investigations, campaign launches and victories, legal work, and outreach announcements or recaps.
- Ensure optimal SEO and readability.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills.
- Flexibility and openness to evolving responsibilities.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Basic video editing skills a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms; experience writing for advocacy organizations for development purposes a plus.
- PR and marketing experience a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to Animal Outlook’s mission and to progressive causes generally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse array of individuals professionally and effectively.
- Performs well in a team environment, but can also consistently accomplish tasks independently.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and change direction as needed.
To apply: Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Animal Outlook is seeking law students for Summer 2024 Legal Advocacy Internships. Animal Outlook (formerly known as Compassion Over Killing) is a national nonprofit organization with a 25-year history of exposing, preventing, and ending cruelty to animals in agriculture. Our summer Legal Advocacy Internships require a full-time commitment. They are remote and unpaid, though interns may receive academic credit or external funding if their law schools permit. Legal Advocacy Interns will work on litigation, research, and other legal projects aimed at protecting farmed animals. Each Intern will likely work with a variety of legal claims, such as claims based on state criminal anti-cruelty laws, administrative law, false advertising and unfair competition laws, tort liability, and corporate law. Interns will have opportunities to research new projects and to assist with ongoing projects in close collaboration with Animal Outlook’s attorneys. Excellent research and writing skills are required, as is an interest in exploring novel ways to use the law to protect animals. Candidates with a background and interest in animal protection are preferred. Internships are available only to current law students.
To apply, interested law students should create a single pdf file containing, in the following order, a cover letter, resume, writing sample, list of three references, and law school transcript. Please email the pdf to Animal Outlook’s Legal Advocacy Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please note: in your cover letter, you may indicate that you would like your application to be considered for semester internships as well. This will not impact your Summer 2024 application. However, if you are not selected for a Summer 2024 application, we will automatically include your application in the Fall 2024 pool.