Join our efforts to help make the world a kinder place by applying for an Animal Outlook internship! It’s a fun and informative way to get hands-on experience as an effective animal advocate while also gaining a deeper understanding of farmed animal issues and the tools available to spread a message of compassion.
We’re currently accepting applications for Campaigns and Outreach Interns nationwide and Legal Interns in Washington, D.C. or remote (details below). **Please note: We are only able to accept candidates in the U.S. at this time.
Campaigns and Outreach Internships: Apply now for Spring / Summer 2020 Positions!
Our campaigns and outreach internship program is looking for energetic and committed individuals who are determined to make a difference for animals. As an intern, you’ll have opportunities to be involved in a diverse range of projects, get active in our national and local campaigns, and network with others in the community. You’ll gain valuable experience in planning and running corporate campaigns, grassroots organizing, and event planning. If you’re an organized, detail-oriented, team player with experience or interest in campaigning and grassroots outreach, apply below!
Full- and Part-Time Positions Available:
- Strong candidates will be considered anywhere in the US for a remote internship (involving regular communication and guidance via calls and video chats with staff), with preference for major cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. DC-based interns may work out of our DC office.
- Full-time internships are a minimum of 8 weeks at 30 to 40 hours per week.
- Part-time internships are 4 to 8 weeks and/or fewer than 30 hours per week.
- Both modalities are eligible for a minimal commuting stipend to Animal Outlook’s office upon request if based in the DC area.
- If you’re unable to commit to at least 4 weeks, please consider signing up as a volunteer!
More Details and How to Apply:
- Internships may be applied toward school credit or community service. However, you do not need to be a student to apply!
- Interns are responsible for their own food, housing and transportation to events. Animal Outlook does not provide funding for relocation to the DC area.
Apply NOW for Spring / Summer 2020!
TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter that includes a statement of interest, your preferred dates for internship, and full- or part-time position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Animal Outlook is seeking fall, winter, and spring legal externs (unpaid). The externship may be completed remotely or out of Animal Outlook’s Los Angeles office. Externs must be able to commit to at least 10 hours per week for the duration of the semester.
Extern will work on litigation and administrative law projects aimed at protecting farmed animals. These projects will likely employ a variety of legal theories, relating to areas such as state criminal cruelty laws, false advertising and unfair competition laws, tort liability, environmental protection laws, administrative law, tax, and corporate law.
Externs will work closely with Animal Outlook’s attorneys.
Requirements & How to Apply
Excellent research and writing skills are required. Background and interest in animal protection are preferred, but not required. Interested law students should apply with cover letter, resume, writing sample, list of three references, and law school transcript to Animal Outlook’s Legal Advocacy Program at email@example.com.