Are you energetic, detail-oriented and adaptable? Are you committed to the animal rights movement and veganism? Are you interested in strategic, effective communications? If so, we’ve got the internship for you.
Animal Outlook, a national nonprofit animal advocacy organization, seeks a communications intern to assist with social media, blog posts and email newsletters as well as creating associated collateral for each. You’ll work closely with the Director of Communications to create effective, engaging content.
Working to end animal abuse since 1995, Animal Outlook focuses on ending and preventing cruelty to farmed animals.
This position is remote and unpaid.
- Maintain a consistent voice across all Animal Outlook content in line with Animal Outlooks’ brand and style guide.
- Brainstorm and execute ideas for engaging blog posts, social media posts and other content.
- Create original Animal Outlook blog content covering general vegan or animal rights news, investigations, campaign launches and victories, legal work, and outreach announcements or recaps.
- Ensure optimal SEO and readability.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills.
- Flexibility and openness to evolving responsibilities.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Basic video editing skills a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms; experience writing for advocacy organizations for development purposes a plus.
- PR and marketing experience a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to Animal Outlook’s mission and to progressive causes generally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse array of individuals professionally and effectively.
- Performs well in a team environment, but can also consistently accomplish tasks independently.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and change direction as needed.
To apply: Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.