Animal Outlook is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) animal advocacy organization based in Washington, DC.

Our mission: Working today to build a better tomorrow for all animals. We’re strategically challenging the status quo of animal agribusiness through undercover investigations, legal advocacy, corporate and food system reform, and empowering everyone to choose vegan.

In 2020, we celebrated our 25th anniversary.



In 2020, our groundbreaking investigations revealed truth to consumers and sparked change, our innovative legal advocacy brought justice for animals, and we inspired thousands to make compassionate choices. Standing united, we are changing the world for animals.

Image

Exposing Truth

Undercover Investigations – Our brave investigators are shining a bright light on the hidden horrors forced upon billions of farmed animals. Approximately 20 percent of your donation goes directly toward supporting our ongoing investigative initiatives.

Image

Delivering Justice

Legal Advocacy – Our proactive legal team is strategically challenging the status quo of animal agribusiness, from animal cruelty to misleading marketing and unfair business practices. Approximately 20 percent of your donation goes directly to Animal Outlook’s legal advocacy.

McDonald's protest

Revolutionizing Food Systems

Corporate Outreach – Working with various international corporations, we’re successfully pushing for change to reduce suffering, eliminate animal ingredients, and mainstream the availability of plant-based options. Approximately 18 percent of your donation goes directly to campaigns for change.

Image

Inspiring Change

Outreach & Education – Every day, our staff, interns and volunteers are engaging in creative and effective outreach opportunities to empower others to choose compassion by leaving animals off their plates. Approximately 30 percent of your donation goes directly to outreach and education.

Our Leadership Team

Cheryl Leahy, General Counsel Compassion Over Killing
Cheryl Leahy

Executive Director
Animal Outlook

Cheryl Leahy, General Counsel Compassion Over Killing
Irina Anta

General Counsel Operations & Compliance
Animal Outlook

Sharon Discorfano, Chief of Staff
Sharon Discorfano

Chief of Staff
Animal Outlook

Amy Trakinski, Board Chair Managing Director of VegInvest
Amy Trakinski

Board Chair

Sebastiano Cossia Castiglioni, Board of Directors, Compassion Over Killing
Sebastiano Cossia Castiglioni

Board of Directors

Lisa Winebarger, Board of Directors, Compassion Over Killing
Lisa Winebarger

Board of Directors

Our Staff

Financial Reports

Your Donation Dollars at Work for Animals

2018 charity badges awarded to cokYour generous donations have been helping us expose the truth about animal agriculture and inspire people to choose compassion for over 25 years. We rely on donors, like you, to continue our mission.

For every dollar you give, 83% goes directly toward improving the lives of farmed animals. We spend the other 17% on administrative needs. Animal Outlook relies on the generosity of donors like you to continue our mission.

• View 990

Donation Privacy Policy:
Animal Outlook is committed to respecting the privacy of its donors, whether the donation is made online, by mail, or any other method. We will not sell, share, or trade our donors’ names, personal, or financial information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations, unless the donor has given us specific permission to do so.