Representing all the benefits of vegan eating, Compassion Over Killing was an exhibitor at the recent Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore…and we’ve got your scoop on all the amazing flavors and innovative new vegan eats unveiled at this food-filled event!
Expo East is an annual trade show, attended by tens of thousands of people, and featuring thousands of vendors from the natural and organic food industry. We were thrilled to highlight COK’s work for animals and the many positive impacts of vegan eating for animals, the planet, and our health.
During the 3-day show, in addition to distributing hundreds of pieces of COK’s pro-vegan literature and stickers, we launched our new TryVeg Trivia game! And expo-goers were in it to win: they gave our TryVeg Trivia wheel a spin and answered questions about vegan eating, animal agriculture, and the environment. Prizes included COK merch and coupons kindly donated by Follow Your Heart, Field Roast, Better Bean Co., and Ripple Foods!
We also attended an inspiring keynote talk by Jonathan Safran Foer, plus informative panels by the Plant-Based Foods Association, Elmhurst Milked, Good Karma, and others. And we loved connecting with COK supporters and Partners of our VegWeek campaign, like Dr. Bronner’s, Kite Hill, Tofurky, Dandies, and Follow Your Heart.
Oh, and the food … ! Wow: we tried all the amazing vegan products we could so we could share the news with you! Here are just a few highlights:
- Alpha Foods will launch a vegan burrito line at Walmart on the West Coast next month, with delicious flavors like pizza, chicken fajita, and mexicali.
- Good Catch is a new, Nexty Award-winning, company producing innovative vegan versions of seafood, from crab, to tuna, and more.
- QRUNCH’s organic burgers are made from quinoa and packed with flavor.
- Sustainable Indulgence cookies are sweet to animals and your taste buds, with flavors like Pecan Maple Bliss, Chocolate Chipster, and more.
- Miyoko’s Kitchen has 3 new flavorful pub-style cheeses, including Cheers to Chedda and Beer Garden Garlic and Chive.
- Fronana’s tasty banana ice cream puts a healthier spin on a fave frozen treat.
- Milkadamia’s milk comes from macadamias, not mama cows. Plus, we love their adorable lattes.
- Green Beaver Company offers a wide range of natural products for eco-friendly
- cleaning and more.
- DF Mavens has a vegan ice cream for you, whether you’re a Chocolate Craver or a Coconut Lover.
- Unreal candies taste too good to be true, but they’re real! Try their dark chocolate peanut butter cups.
- FitOrganic has your cruelty-free cleaning covered, from dishes to laundry and more.
- Tofurky’s new ham skewers have all the delicious with no pigs on your plate.
- VegiDay lets you shake things up with plant-based protein powder and snacks.
- LovingEarth’s creamy organic chocolates are not yet available in the US, but we loved their unique flavors like lemon cheesecake.
- Parmela Creamery is churning out new nut milk cheese, including Black Pepper, Parmela Blue and more.
- Modern Pod Co’s hummus treats come in delightfully portable pods.
Are you hungry yet? Visit TryVeg.com for vegan recipes, product tips, and so much more.