- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
This Saturday, Sept. 28, is officially recognized as “DC VegFest Day!” thanks to DC Mayor Gray — and an estimated 10,000 people will gather at the beautiful waterfront Yards Park for this annual — and free — celebration!
Featuring FREE food samples, nationally recognized speakers, cooking demonstrations, a beer and wine garden, kids’ activities, more than 100 exhibitors, a vegan food drive, and so much more, there is something for everyone at this free (and dog-friendly) event!
What: DC VegFest, details at DCVegFest.com
Where: Yards Park, 10 Water St SE, DC (Navy Yard Metro on the green line)
When: Sat., Sept. 28 from 11am to 6pm.
Organized by Compassion Over Killing, this fun festival highlights the many benefits and flavors of meat-free eating. Attendees will have a chance to explore a variety of vegan cuisine from over a dozen food vendors including Vegan Treats Bakery, Pete’s Apizza, Woodlands Vegan Bistro, Khepra’s Juice Bar, Sticky Fingers Bakery, the Randy Radish, and more.
Plus, free food samples will be offered by Treeline Cheese, Field Roast, Tofurky, Beyond Meat, Hampton Creek Foods (makers of Beyond Eggs) and many others.
Attendees will also want to get there early for one of our free 1,000 commemorative bags loaded with veg-friendly products, coupons, and more!
New features this year include a vegan food drive, a veggie obstacle course, a magic show for kids and an “Ask a Vegan Mom” booth!
American Sign Language interpreters will be at the main stage so everyone can enjoy our special guest speakers including:
- Paul Shapiro, Humane Society of the United States
- Rich Roll, vegan ultra-athlete and author of Finding Ultra
- Josh Tetrick, CEO of Hampton Creek Foods, makers of Beyond Eggs
- Dr. Ruby Lathon, author and host of a plant-based cooking web series
- Dan & Annie Shannon, authors of Betty Goes Vegan
- Ayinde Howell, editor in chief and founder of ieatgrass.com
- John Schlimm award-winning author of The Tipsy Vegan and Grilling Vegan Style
- Dr. Milton Mills, preventive medicine doctor
DC VegFest is made possible because of our wonderful sponsors, including: Treeline Treenut Cheese, Conscious Corner, VegFund, MOMS Organic Market, Dama Restaurant, the Vegetarian Society of DC and many more.
Visit DCVegFest.com for more information or to sign up as a volunteer.