- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Plant-based eating: Give it a try today
This Thanksgiving, let’s give turkeys something to be thankful for – compassionate cooking. In this season of gratitude, let’s show our appreciation for these intelligent and social animals by leaving them OFF our plates.
While some turkeys (like Marley, Lennon and Jean, pictured above) are lucky and end up at animal sanctuaries across the country, each Thanksgiving 46 million turkeys are not so lucky. But keeping the spirit of compassion alive through tradition is important. Here are three delicious, plant-based ways to celebrate with your family that everyone — including turkeys — can enjoy.
Whether you’ve got a day or a week to prepare, or are cooking for one or twenty, we guarantee you’ll find something heart-warming and palate-pleasing on our three expertly-curated menus.
Just be careful: These will inspire jealousy in fellow pot-luckers, and may result in several requests for second and third portions.
Classic & Simple
Total cooking time: 1.5 hours, including soaking, chilling and prep
- Get ‘em hooked: veggies & ranch dip
- Bring ‘em bread: best damn vegan biscuits
- Main course: Tofurky Roast served with mashed potatoes and gravy with maple glazed carrots
- Spoil ‘em: Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
New & Extravagant
Total cooking time: 3.5 hours, including chilling and prep
- Get ‘em hooked: cauliflower wings
- Bring ‘em bread: jalepeno cheddar biscuits
- Main course: veggieducken served with cranberry balsalmic brussels sprouts and hasselback sweet potatoes
- Spoil ‘em: truffles or chocolate peanut butter pie
Best of Both Worlds
Total cooking time: 2 hours, including chilling and prep
- Get ‘em hooked: queso & chips or veggies
- Bring ‘em bread: popovers
- Main Course: traditional meatloaf served with holiday stuffing and creamy mac & cheese Expert Chef’s note: stir in some broccoli and minced chipotle peppers for a twist.
- Spoil ‘em: apple crisp or mint chocolate cake
Pingback: Plan A Cruelty-Free Thanksgiving! | ~~Life As a Wave~~