- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Pasta is a perfect dish on days when you don’t know what to cook. This simple one pot dish is a perfect meal on a busy weeknight. Colorful veggies and flavorful jackfruit come together to make a zesty dish that will satisfy all your family and friends.
Pasta Primavera with Lemon Garlic Jackfruit
- 1 package Lemon-Garlic Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company
- 1 16 oz box rotini pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- ½ yellow onion (diced)
- 3-5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (or substitute with 1 ½ cups fresh diced tomatoes)
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any variety) (diced)
- 10 oz mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 5 oz bag baby spinach
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp nutrtional yeast
- 6 leaves basil (thinly sliced)
- vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside. Prepare vegetables while pasta cooks.
- Heat a Dutch pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and saute for about five minutes until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce to medium heat and cover with a lid for about ten minutes.
- Add oregano, remaining vegetables (except spinach), and jackfruit and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes. Stir in pasta, spinach, nutritional yeast and ½ of the basil. Cover with lid and heat for five more minutes.
- Top with vegan parmesan and remaining basil and serve immediately.
1 box pasta. Is that 8 ounce or 12 ounce? Sounds great.
16 oz, though I see you already tried it out. Updated the recipe for clarity. Thanks for your comment!
Oops…..8 or 16 ounce? 🙂
Made this recipe this evening. I figured a 1 lb. box of pasta. Fantastic. 🙂
Love your meal it was very tasty, didnt have to really measure the seasoning much to get the flavor I was looking for.
Make this for dinner tonight and it was really good! I even left out the oil. Thanks for the recipe.