- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
World Milk Day: Celebrate Cows & Choose Dairy-Free
Today is World Milk Day, and if you’re vegan or simply prefer to leave dairy off your dish and out of your coffee cup, don’t worry: There are plenty of plant-based picks for you!
From almond, to soy, to coconut milk and more, dairy-free is in demand. In fact, consumers are increasingly opting for healthier and more compassionate plant-based milks, as the appeal of cow’s milk “curdles“.
Just stop by a store near you and you’ll find endless options. Plus, we have all the dairy-free recipes you need at TryVeg.com (get started with the Creamy Mac & Cheese below!).
Take Action: Help Cows Today
- Sign & Share: Left trying to churn up sales as people turn away from cholesterol and cruelty, Desperate Dairy’s continuing its efforts to get the USDA to mandate that dairy-free products cannot be called “milk”, “cheese”, and so on. But COK has poured out a better solution: Call your product “cow’s milk”, “cow’s cheese”, etc… Join thousands who are signing & sharing!
- Speak out for mother cows: COK’s newest investigation revealed violent abuse of cows at one of the East Coast’s largest dairy factory farms. Click here to find ways you can help these gentle animals today.
Creamy Mac & Cheese
- ½ pound pasta
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or tahini sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup vegan cheese shreds (optional)
- Cook the pasta until al dente (cooked through, but still slightly firm). After draining the pasta, use the hot stockpot to cook your sauce.
- Combine the mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, and peanut butter (or alternatives) in the stockpot over low heat. Add the garlic powder, paprika, and nutritional yeast, whisking to combine. Slowly add the dairy-free milk, a little at a time, until it reaches your desired thickness. Add salt and adjust to taste.
- Add the vegan cheese if desired and cook until cheese is completely melted. Turn off the heat and add the pasta, tossing to coat all the noodles.