Legacy for a Kinder World
A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support our cause.
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
1. You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
2. You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
3. You may receive estate tax savings How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Animal Outlook as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
1. You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
2. You can gift a percentage of your estate
3. You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
4. You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
IRA Rollover Gifts
If you are 72 years of age or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission to change the world for animals and helping people to make choices to leave them off of their plates. If you are 72 or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover:
• Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Animal Outlook.
• May satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
• Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
• Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
• Help further the work and mission of our organization.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
2. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
3. Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
4. Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Other Ways to Give
There are many other ways to leave a planned gift to Animal Outlook such as Beneficiary Designations of Life Insurance or Retirement Accounts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, and more. Please email us if you have remembered Animal Outlook in your future plans, or if you have any questions or need guidance with your planned giving options.
We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org