In the spirit of Thanksgiving and in honor of #GivingTuesday on November 27, Compassion Over Killing is joining together to celebrate November as a Month of Compassion and Gratitude. Through Nov. 27, we’ll be raising support for our vital work for animals while also giving back to causes and communities that are important to each of us, and to us as a team.
With 19 days left, we’re already almost halfway to our goal! Together, we can get there.
Meet our inspiring COK team members below & click to lend them your support. Here are the moving ways we’re giving back when we reach our goals!
- Erica Meier (Executive Director): preparing & delivering nutritious vegan meals to DC’s oldest domestic violence shelter
- Jen Mishler (Director of Communications): crocheting winter sweaters for rescued chickens
- Elena Carter-Vodnik (Data Strategist): rescuing a dog from Moscow, Russia
- Stuart McDonald (Creative Writer): volunteering to provide menstrual products to women experiencing domestic violence
- Eric Lindstrom (Director of Marketing): reading to kindergarten and first-grade classes at his local elementary school
- Erika Wilkinson (Outreach Intern): shaving her head to donate to children with hair loss
- Robin Walker (Special Project Manager): preparing & delivering nutritious vegan meals to DC’s oldest domestic violence shelter
- Jessica Carlson (Director of Operations): volunteering at Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary through the winter
- Carissa Marks (Outreach Manager): organizing a “yoga for the animals” event
- Rachel Pawelski (Corp. Campaigns Coordinator): volunteering at Food Not Bombs preparing & distributing vegan food
- Jillian Lowry (Beyond The Lies Program Coordinator): organizing a blanket and pumpkin drive for animals at Lasa Sanctuary
- Sonia Bakhshi (Executive Assistant): presenting to elementary school students on compassion for farm animals
- Jonathan Rosenberry (Video Production Manager): spending a day picking up trash along creeks and streams in Baltimore, MD
- Laura Cascada (Director of Corporate Outreach): volunteering at Ranger’s Refuge animal sanctuary
- Jessica Carter (Vegan Food & Lifestyle Coach): preparing & delivering nutritious vegan meals to DC’s oldest domestic violence shelter
- Radish XVX (Beyond The Lies Program Manager): volunteering at Food Not Bombs preparing & distributing vegan food
- Simone G. de Lima (Director of Outreach & Education): sharing compassion in classrooms with her dog Valente each month in 2019